I am an architect with a passion for sustainable development. Over the last few years I have worked on diverse sectors such as education, health, housing and commercial. With proven track record in time-efficiency and strong interpersonal skills, communication within the team and external stakeholders has been easy.
I completed the Master programme 'Master of Sustainable Development within the built environment' which expanded my knowledge to design buildings with minimal global impact and also extended my interest for sustainable building operations.
2010 - 2011 | Master of Sustainable Development
Faculty of the Built Environment
UNSW University of New South Wales (Australia)
2001 - 2007 | Diploma in Architecture
Faculty of Architecture and civil engineering
IST Instituto Superior Tecnico (Portugal)
2006 | Attendance of Digital Lab Summer Course
AA - Architectural Association , London (England)
2005 - 2006 | Foreign Exchange Program
Faculty of Architecture Valle Giullia
Faculta degli study di roma 'La Sapienza' (Italy)
2009 - current | Freelance architect & Partnership with Livein Design
Working independently on several jobs which include:
- Experience with CDC, DA (Development Applications) & CC (Construction Drawings)
- Design from concept to construction of houses across Lisbon and Sydney
- 3D modelling and renderings for several private clients including Reabilita Lda
- Surveying of existent heritage
2013 | Community Development Intern
Bridge Housing, Australia
- Assisting the Sustainable Communities Director on building a strategy for Community Development.
- Building a bibliography on Community Engagement research, creating reports, studying Populations
and engagement methods.
- Assist on the preparation and ongoing of workshops.
2011 - 2012 | Researcher and Architect Assistant
Emergency Architects, Australia
- Undertake the research and summary of documents that include a number of areas such
as materiality, WASH type and background information on NGOs.
- Building bibliography on material research in order to better advise communities
- Assist with architectural drawings, details and specifications for projects in Timor-Leste.
2008 - 2009 | Architect
Working within a team on the Todos-os-Santos Hospital competition
- Drafting conceptual and presentation drawings
2006 - 2008 | Trainee & Graduate Architect
- Drafting conceptual, construction and presentation drawings for several sectors including:
UNIBANCO Brazil, Bank office building BES PRIVATE, Law Firm URIA MENENDEZ and several
private homes and residential buildings
- Creation of permit and construction documents for Millennium BCP
- Design, management and execution of Millennium BCP bank institutions.
- Creation of concept for educational institution, the kindergarten O PARQUE
Member of “Ordem dos Arquitectos” - Portuguese Institute of Architects
Member of “Emergency Architects Australia”
PERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
Multi-lingual | Fluent: Portuguese & English
Good: French, Italian, Spanish
Computer skills | Modelling Tools: REVIT, Autocad 2D, Autocad 3D, SketchUp
Graphics Tools: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign.
sustainability Modelling Tools: BASIX, AccuRate.
Office Package: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Personal Strength | Problem-solving driven
Proven time-efficient performance
Adaptable by embracing change as a new opportunity
Good interpersonal skills
Self-motivated, Self-initiative and with high level of energy